Spun Words

Spinster's poetry...enter at your own risk

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oakland, CA

Bringing the stories back to history....

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Composition

I want to write poetry to you
on your naked back -
the pen slipping in my shaking fingers.
Your even breaths sloping my words.
Your hair tangling in the ink and drifting away.

I want to read the verses
through your teeth and tongue and eyes.
I want to smell them on your skin -
adding a comma or question mark
with a touch of my eyelashes against your cheek.

I want to watch the stanzas of shivering silence
weave through the air between us
to see through to the other side
where we are poem and verse.

1 Comments:

Blogger LavaLady said...

I like this very much. I'd come over to visit your page a few days ago and I couldn't comment, everything in my head was jumbled. I like your poetry though, my favourite kind, evocative and image-rich.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home