Spun Words

Spinster's poetry...enter at your own risk

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oakland, CA

Bringing the stories back to history....

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Untitled

There you were
crying and blaming.

And I just wanted
to reach in my chest
and rip it out -
my heart -
beating and gory.

Then I wouldn't feel.

But even more,
I hoped that you would take it
and it would choke you.
The blood would stain
your pristine blouse
and slowly poison you.

Then you said,
"I overreacted."

And I swallowed it -
my heart -
whole,
choking on it,
the blood staining my hands.

And I said,
"It's alright."

1 Comments:

Blogger HistoryGeek said...

It's all good mystic. I know it's a bit graphic, but the attack had come out of nowhere and was really unjustified. This is just what it felt like to have to swallow all that anger at being attacked in that manner.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home